to celebrate the end of ramazan & beginning of bayram, serhat's family hosts a special dinner for family & friends who are spending the holiday here at the rubi. we attended this dinner the first time i visited turkey, two years ago, as well. it's a wonderful celebration with live music, a feast & lots of raki (traditional turkish liquor).
the buffet
that's all i have to blog about for now, i will try to post some more before the end of the week. for now i'm going to enjoy the breakfast that has yet again been prepared for us... sitting on the patio, overlooking the mediterranean on this beautiful morning.
2 comments:
lovely pictures! great seeing your friends & the amazing feast :) and imganing waking up on the med for your morning coffee!!
I love reading about your adventures, Katie Louise! This is such a great window on another culture! Just though I'd post so I'm not a lurker all the time.
love,
lydia
Post a Comment