tuesday was our friend asli's birthday, and her husband mehmet organized a surprise dinner/karaoke night. yes, they have karaoke in turkey! i met some new people & we had a great time, as you can see by the pics below!
the group

the ladies, getting into it (it got a little crazy when the turkish songs came on later)

even the guys sang a few tunes!

asli & mehmet, singing 'tainted love.' too cute.

singing 'the greatest love of all' by whitney.

4 comments:
I love the photos! What a life you have begun. Now you just have to increase the SUNY program enrollment by about 1,000!
PS OMG, Ben is certainly making progress on a beer belly! He's too young. Off to the gym with him:)!
PS2 Honestly, now that you two are finally together, he's entitled to be a little too pleased with himself. Get him going, Katie! (BTW, you look lovely!)
I love the pics! Looks like a super fun night out.
Dad's only ribbing Ben because his own waist has expanded according to recent measurements for a certain tux.
Love!
S
and your hair is getting so long! looks like you all had a blast...
xox
wow, I stumbled upon your blog, while researching drumlines in turkey.. lol
anyway, I am applying for a Fulbright to Turkey, and your blog has been quite insightful!
thanks!
now, how can I get in touch with you? I mean, if I am offered an assignment over there, I'm going to need some American friends, right? :)
if you can, shoot me over an email, Id love to talk to you about moving to Turkey!
maramez@gmail.com
Post a Comment