i spent 3 weeks in the us, beginning in nyc with my family & my sister's in-laws, celebrating jeff's graduation from law school. then home for 2 weeks with mom & dad, during which i fit in a year's worth of doctor appointments, teeth cleanings and check-ups. ah, the joys of living abroad where your insurance is not accepted! but now i'm back in turkey. it's amazing how quickly you can get used to living in such a vastly different country/culture. at first it did feel odd thinking back to just a day or two before when i was in auburn, but after about a day i had readjusted. that is a sign, i think, that i'm getting used to this place, this life overseas. i guess seeing ben again didn't hurt, either ; )
below are some pics from my trip... i didn't take very many, but these give a pretty good idea of what i did:
sarah, mom, lynn (jeff's mom) and i spent my first day back shopping in nyc. so fun! i had really missed these people & this activity. we found these funky shades at h&m and clearly we all had to buy them... the security guard told me it was the first time anyone asked him to take their picture. what can i say? we're dorks.
5 comments:
Great post, and pictures! Those are some amazing roses growing around your place. and some amazing dorks donning matching sunglasses. Where do you find these freaks???!!
It was a great trip home, but I already miss the hell out of you. I guess it's my turn to make the journey..
love,
S
So glad you had a great visit! I miss you, friend, but I'm happy that you are becoming accustomed to living overseas. Take care!
-Meg
P.S. I got elected to College Rep.
P.P.S. Jenni's garden is beautiful.
I can't wait to see the roses in Turkey. Another really nice blog entry. You're really good at this! Such fond memories...
Dad
Thank you for showing us your world! Jenni's garden is beautiful. ~Christine
Great pictures. I look wrecked. I should have bought a pair of those classy shades.
The garden pictures look wonderful.
Jeff
Post a Comment