tgif, and good riddance to this looong week. one day of work & then onto a fun weekend of holiday-inspired activities.
oh, and i cut my hair this week. while en route to the salon i thought about two things: 1) i'm not getting married this year so i can do whatever i want with my hair, and 2) it will grow back. i thought about chopping it off completely but instead ended up with bangs. not terribly different, but still adjusting to them. having my hair cut is always an adventure here since i really lack the salon vocabulary and this always leads to a funny dialogue with the hairdresser that includes lots of hand gestures. luckily he was patient and also very cautious about cutting bangs too short, so we started with them very long and ended up with them just past my eyebrows. i'm glad that in the end he understood how it might be a challenge for me to style bangs that hung past my nose. see photo below*.
this weekend we're hosting our holiday open house on sunday with christmas cookies, mulled wine & other treats, which means saturday will be allll about the baking. pictures to come. happy weekend!
*disregard fly-away hairs from too much blow drying at the salon, dazed look, bags under eyes
4 comments:
beautiful!! I love th bangs, and the layers around your face. and the color!
xoxo
PS, sisters think alike. I'm getting my hair 'did tomorrow :)
Bangs. Love them! It took me a while to get used to mine, but you will adjust. I actually miss mine and was thinking of rebanging myself. Ooh, that sounded dirty. Some things just never change.
I think you look very pretty. I love Verna's comment! (And thank her for the card from Isla Mujeres. What a nice surprise!)
Dad
Post a Comment