Monday, October 11, 2010

october fun in ankara

lots of fun was had this weekend.  it started on friday when i met julianne at the kuafor after work to have our hair done for the charity ball.  julianne brought a bottle of wine and we had a 'happy hour' while being pampered by the stylists.  every friday should end like this.


we spent the evening at a ball for a charity julianne works with.  it was a fun excuse to dress up and go out on the town, and we won some great prizes with our raffle tickets, including 2 hotel stays in cappadocia!

on saturday it was octoberfest at the german embassy... something 
we had all been looking quite forward to
anxious for our beer

octoberfest in a tent

beer wenches

for 34 euros we got unlimited food & beer and it was delicious

haddie, enjoying an unexpected german night during her visit to turkey

adam, being a ham






we all drank entirely too much beer, and had a great time doing it!





pals having fun

and being overserved

those germans really know how to cut a rug



it was good times had by all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you recorded all this! I can't wait to question Ben about his antics - if he remembers anything!
BTW, thinking I might do well to buy the camera you have. How do you like it?
dad

Sarah said...

wow, what a blast! I particularly enjoyed the pals pics, and Ben's fabulous fashion statement at the end :) glad you all had such a great time..
xoxo

Hattie said...

Hi Katie, Hattie here. Love the Octoberfest pics. I want to go back to that tent every week! Hugs to you and Ben! I couldn't find you on FB. My email on there is hattiehill@hotmail.com. Have fun in Roma!